A crown is a type of tooth restoration used to repair teeth that are severely decayed or damaged to the point that a filling cannot effectively restore the tooth. A dental crown is designed to improve the function, structure, and health of the tooth by entirely covering the tooth. In addition to restoring damaged and decayed teeth, dental crowns can be used to:
- Support a dental bridge
- Enhance the beauty of your smile
- Complete a dental implant
- Improve the function and appearance of a misshapen tooth
- Protect a tooth following root canal therapy
- Strengthen a weakened or fractured tooth
Your dental crown is custom-made to fit your smile naturally and comfortably. We invite you to contact our dental office in Lafayette, Indiana to learn more about how a dental crown can improve your smile. Our skilled dentist and dental team at Highland Creek Family Dental look forward to caring for your smile!